Monday, July 26, 2010

A few not so quick comments

As awesome as our shows were I have some behavior I did not like, as always. Please don't think that I hate my theater group and that they are a bunch of spoiled brats and divas. It's just easy to let out your anger to readers because, hopefully, they don't know the people in your tirade.
Any who, as I may have mentioned before my Mom, Wonder Woman, was working very hard on costumes for the show and she has been doing a lot of sewing and repair on costumes. She has been working so hard and we have not had one costume problem on stage. I couldn't believe how rude people were to her. One of the guy's pants were split right down the middle one night so he duck taped them together. He came to my mother the next day asking her to fix them 5 minutes before the cast picture! Are you kidding me?!
Another girl brought in a dress of her grandmother's which she insisted on wearing. Our producer, who was also a big part of costumes, asked her if she would mind wearing something else because the dress was very pretty but it made her look like an adult rather than a teen. She insisted on the dress. Then when the dress began to rip she can to my mother for repairs constantly . On the last day of the show she looked around the dressing room and and frantically demanded "Wonder Woman (she didn't call her that but that's what I call m amam in my posts) where's my dress?" Are you kidding me chick? With out Wonder Woman you would be going out on that stage with your dress falling to pieces! If one more person had come to my mother and been rude to her I swear to almighty God that I would have lost it. All I heard was "Wonder Woman did you fix this yet?" "Wonder Woman is that done yet?" "Could you do this?" "Could you pin that?" Do you know how many "Thank you's" I heard? NOT ENOUGH!
There were two guys in the show (twins actually) who, to be honest, were in the show because we need men. They are not very talented and I would not recommend acting or singing as a career path for either of them. They thought that they were just fabulous. They were the cherry on top of this musical sundae. They were 1) rude to Wonder Woman 2) Bowed more than once which was just stupid and our director said not to. They played many roles in the show and they bowed once for being one specific part and they again for the guys bow. Finally 3) just plain conceited. I don't know what their problem was but they just thought that show would just have to stop if they weren't there. They showed up late for scenes, pushed people aside backstage and were rude.
I feel better now.
Thank you for listening to my tirade. I hope that I didn't bore you and if I did I wouldn't blame you if you stopped reading. But sometimes there are things that you can't let go of until you say them out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment