Sunday, May 23, 2010

UGG Boots

When the UGG boot first became popular to the general public people swarmed to get their hands on these fuzzy, comfortable boots. Now the UGG boot has lost its appeal. And this isn't just because we are all trading in boots for flip flops and sandals.
I was not aware that UGG boots were no longer a mark of style until I was watching an episode of America's Next Top Model. I am the first to admit how addicting this show can become. I love watching photo shoots and making comments on how each girl is doing; "I like her but she's always posing to same way." But I digress.
At least two of the models chose to go to their go sees in UGG boots. It seemed practical, why would I walk around Argentina in shoes that always had blood in them after I wore them? However I saw at least one designer, when commenting on what they thought of the model and where or not they would higher them, criticize the model for her choice in foot wear. It caught me by surprise. In my small town UGG boots were worshiped, so much that someone started stealing them from the girl's locker room. Only those who were fashionably aware realized that this trendy boot was no longer in style.
I looked around me at school the next day and saw many girls still sporting the UGG book and looked at them and their style. Not to be prejudice but the kind of girls I saw wearing it in my school wear them everyday, long with black yoga pants, something on top and usually a Northface jacket and a major attitude to go with it all. Not exactly the most stylish on the block.
I agree with the fashion industry this season, UGG boots are no longer need to grace the fashion magazines and the streets of Beverly Hills, even if they still do in B.H. I am not saying throw out you UGG boots with the trash, there are comfortable and even I break them out when its wet, cold and I want to wear sweat pants. Just don't wear them if you want to show that you are up to date in the fashion world. It could do the exact opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment