Saturday, May 15, 2010

Recently I opened my May issue of Teen Vogue. As I flipped through the pages I came across and article by the magazines style blogger Andrew Bevan called "Class Action". The article praises the book Classy: Exceptional Advice for the Extremely Modern Lady by Derek Blasberg. As I read the article I was slowly convinced that this book was something that I wanted to read. The book is a guide for young women who do not wish to be grouped together with the way many other young women act.
Bevan opens the article with "We live in an era in which Heidi Montag's plastic surgery escapades make the evening news, Gossip Girl characters are revered, and a Twitter war can turn a nobody into a paparazzi princess. So what's a gal to do in this age of tacky pseudo-celebrity?" I couldn't agree more. I can say honestly that I do not have a Twitter or follow anyone on Twitter and I find Gossip Girl confusing because I can never keep up with the constant musical chair style of dating the characters have. I have every intention of reading this book. I look forward to writing a review of it once I am done. I have yet to start the book but I soon will!

No comments:

Post a Comment